Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Left Ear

I'm so tired, I just got back from the wedding. The reception was lots of fun, but went until 2AM and by the time everyone had straggled out it was 2:30. The ride back to the hotel was almost a 1/2 hour so we weren't back in the room until 3. I had a really good time with Annie at the wedding, she's a very interesting person and not at all like anyone I've ever dated or even known. She's also a very private person and doesn't like the idea of me blogging about her, even just using her first name (although that cat is out of the bag) so I don't want to say too much more about her.

I will say that I'm paranoid about all my relationships these days, it's really hard or maybe even impossible to know what anyone's true motives are. I keep reminding myself that trust is something that has to been earned, and once earned must be continually renewed. I'm a skeptic by nature, but I'm also as vulnerable as the next guy when it comes to certain things, so I'm trying to be cautious.

I'm also completely deaf in my left ear for some reason. I think I might have an ear infection or something because it hurts and I can't hear a blasted thing out of it.

2 comments:

Cranky's Wife said...

i bet it is an ear infection, get ye some antibiotics

Capt. Fogg said...

Hey - do something about that ear. A deaf musician is not a happy musician.