Friday, September 4, 2009

Echoes

i just saw my ex girlfriend for the first time in three months, and only the second time in almost five. She's living in the same neighborhood that I lived in from '06 through '08, and close to neighborhood where she was at the time as well. Those were the first two years we were together, and the best times of my life. being back there, seeing her there again... the happiness is gone, but there were still echoes of it reverberating from the trees and buildings. There was a day in the spring of '06 when we were walking hand-in-hand on the same street where she's now living. A complete stranger stopped us just to say that she had never seen a couple that looked more in love than we did at that moment. We laughed about that for a long time.

The point of this meeting was mostly to deliver some misc things she couldn't take with her when she moved out, but i think it was also to see how it would be seeing each-other again. We had agreed to make it a very brief exchange and we stuck to that; we didn't say much. Just seeing her and standing next to her was both familiar and strange.... her voice, her smell, her face... my head is spinning right now. She looked like she wanted to cry, I'm glad she didn't. I wish I knew what she was feeling, I wish i knew how I was feeling.

No comments: