Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm not really sure what happened but...

I had a date last night, at least I thought I was supposed to have one, but I think I got stood-up!

I met a unbelievably beautiful girl on the plane back from Miami last Monday, I mean like drop-dead, jaw-dropping good looking, and you could say that we... um... (sound of throat clearing)... "hit it off" on the plane, so we exchanged numbers and agreed that we'd both like to go out for a real date. We talked later that night and decided that maybe Wednesday or Thursday would be good. She called me the next day to say that she had a "friend in town" and so could we do something on the weekend instead. That was fine with me so we set Sunday evening as the date.

OK, here's where it gets a little confusing: SHE called me on Saturday to confirm the date, SHE said she wanted to make sure that I hadn't forgotten about HER (I hadn't). She said she wanted to eat at 6:30 or 7:00 and that we'd talk Sunday in the day to set a place. So Sunday afternoon I'm at Crate & Barrel looking at furniture and I decide to call her to close the deal, but i get her voicemail; as I'm leaving her a message my phone tells me I've got an email. The email is a notice that she's left me a message on Facebook (starting to get strange). The message says "I lost my blackberry :(". So I'm thinking ok, not a big deal, maybe dinner's going to be a little later than we thought, but no problem. So I reply on Facebook telling her I'm in Manhattan and I leave my number so she can call me once she replaces her phone, which I assume is what she's doing. I wait..... I wait... I wait.... nothing. no call, no email, no text, no Facebook message reply, nothing! So I wait until 7:15 and then, confused, I get in a cab and go back to my apartment, order dinner, open a nice bottle of Gavi and enjoy an evening at home by myself.

It's Monday morning now and she still hasn't contacted me to apologize or explain what happened! She changed her FB status to let her friends know that she lost her phone so I believe that really happened, but WTF?

It's got to be the strangest way to get stood-up, right? I'm not emotionally invested in this girl so I don't feel hurt exactly,
I'm more confused than anything. I'm just wondering if there is going to be a call at some point and how I want to react to it if it happens. I guess it depends on what she says, although I'm being encouraged by my advisors to blow her off. We'll see.

No comments: