Friday, August 28, 2009

old friends, new friends

Not sure what to write about today. I just finished transcribing another chart for the show. Apparently my ex gf is back in town from her trip to LA. She was supposed to call me to arrange a time to come pick up her houseplants either yesterday or today but I guess she forgot. I saw her making plans on facebook to hang out with friends tonight, friends that I used to hang with too. I miss some of those people. I think that's one of the hardest parts about our breakup; losing those good people that I met through her. At first everyone says, "oh, of course we'll still be friends and of course we'll still stay in touch" but gradually people gravitate back to their pre-relationship groups of friends. I guess it might be awkward to go out with them at this point, I don't know.

Annie is still considering coming to the wedding with me this weekend; I really hope she says yes. I had originally planed on going by myself, but then a few weeks ago, I had been hanging out with this girl for a while and she was into going with me so I asked the groom if I could bring a date. They were really accommodating for such a last minute change. Then a few days ago the situation with that girl changed so I was back to going solo and I was frankly a little embarrassed to show up alone after having asked them to include another person. So if Annie says yes I'll be psyched. She's mad cool and we really like a lot of the same things, snowboarding, sushi, traveling, etc. but the truth is that I don't really know too much about her as a person, so this weekend would be a great chance to find out more.

Anyway, it should be interesting!

No comments: