Thursday, August 6, 2009

2010

My plan for this year was to run the 9 requisite races in order to qualify for guaranteed entry into next year's ING NYC Marathon. I ran my first three qualifiers in the first three months of this year, then I stopped running. Well, I never completely stopped but I was so depressed during April, May and June that I could barely motivate to do anything - especially anything good for myself.

So now here I am in August starting to get my legs back and feeling motivated to complete my plan. There's a snag - there are not that many qualifiers left this year that I can run. The Chinese show in September and my trip to Europe knock out three or four potential races, and what I'm left with are exactly 6 more (the number I need) that I could potentially run. So I registered for the first one which is in Harlem on Aug 22nd, but in order for this to work I'll have to run every weekend in December which means if a Christmas gig comes up (which usually happens) I'll have to take it and I won't qualify for 2010. UGH.....

No comments: