Thursday, August 13, 2009

Afternoon Delight

OK, Starland Vocal Band reference, not cool but appropriate in describing my day so far. I meant to have a productive day, but it surprisingly degenerated into something more bacchanalian, and yes, delightful.

I really need to buckle down and get some disciplined workouts on the bass in every day but I'm having trouble making that happen. I've got a big show coming up in a few weeks and my chops are shit right now. I somehow manage to get my runs in occasionally though; I did get a good three-mile speed workout in with some hills this morning.

My life is good; The sadness is fading, I'm surrounded by beautiful women and great food. What more could a man want?

So now I'm ready for a nap lol. but I need to make myself run through the charts I've got and also try to bang out a rough chart for 沙沙的雨 which is actually a funky(ish) cover of 'laughter in the rain' (neil sedaka?). The Chinese title isn't really translatable 沙沙 is an onomatopoeia pronounced "sha sha" which I guess is like the sound of raindrops so we're calling it "the sound of the rain".

I'll be back to post more later.

No comments: