Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's All About the Food

After we got back to the hotel, we had a snack and a couple of drinks in the lounge. At about 7 we decided to wander down Temple St again to try some of the street food we had seen on our first night here. At the first place we stopped, we each had fried fish balls on bamboo skewers which were delicious. We went a bit further and got a wok fried oyster pancake with a sweet sauce and corriander on top. We shared this and a beer from a can standing on a side street with the smoke from the restaurant kitchen next door blowing over us. When I dream of Hong Kong years from now, this will be what I remember.

2 comments:

Jane & Steve said...

The food is incredible and I'm glad you are the ones trying it. Jane

Peter said...

I second this, David. OK, there is a part of me that would be interested in the adventure of new food, but I'm not sure how much risk I'd be willing to take on the street...