Saturday, September 26, 2009

Milano

After meeting up with Angela at the exhibition yesterday, we wandered over to the Brera district and found a nice outdoor place for aperativi. A friend of hers from Parsons who is also in town, and who's name escapes me, joined us. After the obligitory small plates and negroni, we wandered around and dropped in on a party being held in a clothing shop. There was a DJ and they were handing out champagne and some odd bites of food. This picture is from the party. Afterwards we wandered a bit more and discovered a small alleyway with several restaurants. We picked the one that seemed to be the busiest and ate grilled octopus followed by risotto Milanese followed by a whole seabass. The food was frankly dissapointing compared to other meals I've had in Italy but they finished us off with two rounds of cold mirto which was a welcome surprise. I had fun with Angela yesterday but I'm really looking forward to spending some time on my own for the next few days. Milan is a big city and I haven't seen much of it yet. Not sure where I'll go today, but it's grey and drizzly so maybe I'll try to check out Il Cenacolo.

No comments: