Thursday, January 29, 2009

Winter

Cold morning, hot coffee, snow in the trees, Dinah Washington singing about how she doesn't hurt anymore. Winter is wearing out it's welcome, I'm ready for Spring.

We re-booked our trip to Florida (where I'm sure it's warm and sunny) for next week because the airline advised us of the possibility of cancelled and heavily delayed flights yesterday, and offered fee-free re-booking. Of course the storm that caused so many problems in other areas didn't do much at all here but snow and rain a little. 

Last Sunday evening was Lunar New-Year's eve, we went out for dinner with some people from Nam's Kung Fu class to a sichuan joint on St. Mark's Place in the village; it wasn't bad, but I miss the real thing. On Monday evening Tae came down from Hartford and we went out to Blue Ribbon for dinner. The three of us shared two appetizers, a whole grilled pompano, and a nice bottle of white wine from Trentino (I really love wines from the alto adige/trentino/oltreppo pavese region if you ever need to buy me a gift) after which we decided that we were still hungry, so we went next door for sushi (and sake). I love living in Brooklyn!

I'm not running much these days although I'm still eating like I'm in training, the results of which are not pretty! Anyway, in February I am planning on resuming a much stricter training regimen. I'll also be resuming my formal Mandarin Chinese classes at NYU in less than two weeks, so I'm reviewing all of my lessons and notes from my previous semesters and drilling flash-cards today. I've also been uploading video clips of various concerts that I've done to my youtube page. You can't see me too much in most of these unless you look closely, but I'm there. The quality of the video and audio is pretty varied. Some of them are board mixes and others are from handheld cameras in the audience. The clips from the Mohegan Sun are great because they're directly from the video feed for the big-screens in the arena. I'll be posting more in the near future. 


2 comments:

Capt. Fogg said...

I don't know how to tell you this, but although it was mostly around 80 this week, the temperature fell to the 40's last night and will only hit about 60 today. Too cold to go outside for me.

It's not expected to get back into the 70's until after you leave.

Sorry.

davegeist said...

60s will still feel warm to us.