Tuesday, December 15, 2009

ho tornato

The blogging has been sporadic, and for that I apologize. I'm not sure if anyone checks in or not anymore and in truth it doesn't really matter. I was sure that I had posted at least one entry since I returned from Europe in October but it seems that I was mistaken. So to get you up to speed - After Venice I went back to Milan for a night and then flew to Edinburgh. The wedding was great - fantastic to see family and especially to see my cousin so happy; I wasn't in the best state of mind at the time but I enjoyed it as much as I could have. The next day I did the fast train to London and spent a couple days there including a great evening with Ben and Arthur who introduced me to some fantastic people including most of the Lion King cast, all of whom I hope to see again (especially cheetah girl lol). The rest of October wasn't so great for me, I was still feeling really lost and sad. I spent a lot of time reflecting on the things that happened this year and writing a lot of songs. November was even harder, so many associations with her and November....... Did a big Chinese show in AC for thanksgiving which was a lot of fun but that was also replete with memories. A few days after the show I went out to Whistler for a few days to get some early season snowboarding in. That really cheered me up, cleared my head and gave me an opportunity to see some things in a different light. While I was there I made some big decisions about my life. The details are mostly too personal to post here, but basically I decided to get myself a job since the music gigs have slowed to a crawl. Turns out that working, even a crappy job, is a really, really good thing for me in a lot of ways, not just financially. It's put my head in a much better space and that seems to be opening up all kinds of possibilities for me. It's funny because around the same time that I started this job I met someone who doesn't seem to need to be impressed by money, or success, or status, or any of that bullshit - someone who seems to know how to be happy just being a normal person - someone who knows how to handle the drama in her life with grace and humor - someone who (at least so far) seems to like me only for who I am; it's kind of cool.

No comments: