Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sushi

I can't believe I forgot to take a picture last night... damn... it would have been pretty impressive. We took Simon, Joyce and Hsin-Ping out for sushi at Blue Ribbon. As soon as we sat down we ordered a hot sake to warm us up from the cold. They comped us a starter (Nam and I are regulars there) of mackerel sashimi with a special dipping sauce followed by a grilled Japanese eggplant topped with miso. The Sashimi arrived next: perch, tuna, yellowtail, needlefish, snapper, salmon, and a few others that I can't remember. Then they brought out the sushi and maki. The centerpiece was a whole lobster; they made sashimi from the tail and maki from the meat in the head, and there was a miso-butter sauce for dipping. In addition, there was a special house-cured unagi made into box-sushi, anago, masu (tasmanian sea trout), otoro maki, chutoro sushi which was seared with a thin slice of garlic on top, dragon roll, hamachi, penshell, spanish mackerel, and more. After the meal they brought us a special dessert sake and hot tea.

I really meant to take a picture... ugh, oh well.... I guess we'll have to go back tonight!

2 comments:

Tae said...

Hopefully it will be open this time around if I come to visit you guys again... we had horrible timing the last time. :P

davegeist said...

We'll make sure that we get you there next time!